getting software

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_ait-mmii.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:37:11 -0500

I don't know if this belongs here, but I am having problems figuring out how to get things from Oracle. I was on hold forever on the phone, so I just hung up. I could find out what I need from their web site, but finding out how to get it was difficult.

The problem is, I have silver support, so I should be able to get free upgrades.

I need to find out

  1. Is it possible to evaluate the context cartridge that runs with Oracle 7.3.4 to see if it will do the job we want before I buy it. How do I get my hands on a copy that is compatible with 7.3.4?
  2. How to upgrade our developer 2000? We need to build some stored procedures.

On a more technical note, if we get the context cartridge, and use the Oracle precompiler to build applications that take advantage on it, then if we ship our software to a customer with a different version of Oracle, will it still work? (the customer would probably be >= our level of Oracle)

Thanks

Jeff Kish Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 14:37:11 CET

Original text of this message