Re: Forms6: ORA 01839 on GET_ITEM_PROPERTY(Y2K)

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:37:28 +1100

Rich,

[Quoted] Can you expand on this some more? How are you using database_value?

I have used database_value with dates in Forms 4.5, and there are some difficulties, but I have found nothing to indicate that it is not Y2K compliant. I did some testing with Feb 29, 2000 on a Form that uses database_value, and I can't reproduce the problem.

When working with Dates, I use the following code:

Copy(Get_Item_Property('block.item', DATABASE_VALUE), 'block.item_save');

[Quoted] where both items are defined as date or datetime. This works because get_item_property returns CHAR, and the char version of [Quoted] the date is in NLS_DATE_FORMAT (or NLS_DATETIME_FORMAT).

I know that Forms Items and Server PL/SQL are Y2K compliant, but Forms 4.5 [Quoted] uses an earlier version of PL/SQL which is not (eg. in the use of the RR format specifier).
[Quoted] Has this weakness been carried forward into Forms 5 and 6?

Regards,
Neville.