Re: Reports 2.5 Dynanically changing header

From: KRM <malleykr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:05:58 GMT

It's hard to tell you without knowing the exact situation you are in, and how your data model is set up. The easiest way would be to make it so it isn't boiler plate text. Make it a Column Formula with a return type of character. Create this in a group that can see the field that will be student or teacher (i.e. in that group, or in a higher one). Then just type in your code, for instance:

<header here>
BEGIN
  If :your_field = 'student' then

      return('Student Name');
  ElsIf :your_field = 'teacher' then

      return('Teacher Name');
  End If;
END; Hope this helps!

In article <80s7kv$9fs_at_peabody.colorado.edu>,   farnham_at_spot.Colorado.EDU (Jenny Farnham) wrote:
> Subject: Dynamically changing the boilerplate text
> of a column of data that prints on a report.
> (Reports 2.5 is the tool.)
>
> How do I change the boilerplate text of a column
> depending on a condition such as a break group.
>
> Meaning if a field = 'student' then the column
> header would be 'Student Name', other wise
> if the field = 'teacher' then the column
> header would be 'Teacher Name'.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 19:05:58 CET

Original text of this message