Re: Row's Counter of Oracle tables

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:45:50 -0500

A copy of this was sent to Phantom <romaNOroSPAM_at_optima.dp.ua.invalid> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:03:40 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello, all:)
>
>Help please! Give me the hint how to implement the counter
>(PrimarKey) of table in Oracle DataBase ?
>Insertion of rows in this table have to be done by Microsoft
> Access client via OpenTable command.

create sequence your_sequence;

create or replace trigger your_trigger
before insert on T for each row
begin

        select your_sequence.nextval into :new.primary_key_column from dual; end;
/

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st