calling OCI from proC in same transaction

From: <dellera_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:56:42 GMT

[Quoted] Hi everybody,

we have a problem here that I think
it's of general interest.

We use a product which is written in pro*c. We don't have any control on it, that is, neither we have the source code nor we
can modify it and recompile.

This product (a middleware, incidentally) manages an oracle database, committing (or rollbacking) its own transactions. We can add our own table management by writing a function (a hook) which is called just before the transaction commits; that way, we can have our data modifications in the _same_ transaction (that's the point) of the product's ones.

We used to write that function in pro*c. It worked because in pro*c, if you don't CONNECT, automagically you use the already opened (implicit) one (which is our product's one, in our case).
Now we would like to use OCI instead.

Is it possible to have OCI inheriting the pro*c transaction, without any access to the (calling) pro*c code ?

Thanks in advance, at least for your time Alberto

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 10:56:42 CET

Original text of this message