Re: autocommit in PRO C

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:22:43 -0500

A copy of this was sent to "Alan Polansky" <alanp_at_tibinc.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:06:49 -0500, you wrote:

>I want to turn on autocommit in my C++ program. This program uses embedded
>SQL via PRO*C/C++. Howeverm "set autocommit on" is sqlplus, which is not
>supported in PRO C. How do I do this?
>
>I want to use this on deletion or rows.

there is not 'autocommit'. autocommit is a feature of sqlplus whereby sqlplus will execute a separate "commit work" after each statement. the way to get 'autocommit' in pro*c is to put a commit after each statement.

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st