Re: De-bugging tools

From: Cliff Dabrowski <cliffdw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 16:38:37 GMT

In article <80k260$4j4$1_at_gxsn.com>,
[Quoted]   "Mark Gilbert" <markgilb_at_globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good de-bugging tool. I have tried to get a
> recommendation from ORACLE but they can only advise use of TOAD
which, I
> understand, is very limited.
>
> If you have used more than one tool could you also say which 'also
rans' you
> have tried so I can eliminate them from my enquiries.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Mark

Mark,

I work for Compuware and would like to suggest that you take a look at our PL/SQL development/debugging tool called XPEDITER/SQL. This is a full featured and very robust workbench for SQL and PL/SQL development. [Quoted] Prior to joining Compuware I was using a competitors product and had many problems with debugging cursors and triggers both of which are handled very well with XPEDITER/SQL.

I would like to also suggest that you take a look at a brand new product called DBPartner that is fully integrated with XPEDITER/SQL and [Quoted] allows you to trap all SQL and PL/SQL from a running application and allows you to debug that PL/SQL in context to your application. More information on both can be found at
http://www.compuware.com/products/iad/products.htm

Regards,

Cliff Dabrowski

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Nov 14 1999 - 17:38:37 CET

Original text of this message