Re: Downloading Personal Oracle for Windows 98

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:50:25 GMT

[Quoted] To install Windows NT you will either need to remove WIN98 or partition [Quoted] your hard drive, place NT in a separate partition, and run a "Dual Boot" system. The best way to do this is to purchase Partition Magic from PowerQuest and follow the instructions. It is possible to do this [Quoted] without PM, but I'm not that much of a techie. With PM, the job is reasonably easy and straightforward. Never tried running Oracle on '98, had it on '95 - Personal Oracle worked fine, Developer crawled. On the NT partition of my NT4/98 box, both products work great. If you already have NT, by all means load it up and use it to run Oracle.

In article <WbMW3.189606$5r2.430066_at_tor-nn1.netcom.ca>,   "saji john" <sajijohn_at_netcom.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to know how I can download Personal Oracle and Developer 2000.
I have
> Windows 98 2nd edition on my machine. Is it possible to run Oracle on
Win
> 98? I have heard that I need Windows NT.
> But when I tried to install it from Windows NT workstation v4.0 CD, it
> prompts for the path of Win NT files(default is d:\386). When I hit
enter it
> says "Setup unable
> to install Win NT Boot Loader--Ensure that your C: drive is formatted
and
> the drive is not damaged". How do I get around this problem ? I
understand
> that this is a because of FAT 32 file system on my machine.
> Is there any other way to install Oracle? I wish to download for
learning
> and I am a novice.
>
> You can reply directly to me if u wish at sajijohn_at_netcom.ca
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> SJ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:50:25 CET

Original text of this message