Help installing Perl DBI:Oracle on Solaris?

From: Dan Zerkle <dzerkle_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:49:30 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] My admin is having some trouble installing the Oracle DBD Perl module so that I can access an Oracle database using Perl from Solaris.

From looking at the documentation for the Oracle DBD, it appears that I need the Pro*C thingie from Oracle installed first (whatever that is). Looking at the Oracle 8 documentation, it appears that the Pro*C thingie needs a special Sun compiler called SPARCworks. We, of course, have gcc.

Do I have this correct? Do I really have to go through all these gyrations to use an Oracle database from Perl (I really need to do this)? Is gcc good enough?

I'm not the admin, and he's no expert on Oracle, Solaris, or Perl, so use small words, please. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 19:49:30 CET

Original text of this message