OO4O / OCI internal error...

From: Arthur J. Butler <arthurb_at_emag-pc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:49:55 -0500

Hi. I have a simple C++ program which uses OO4O. I have tested the program at my site and have discovered no problems. On another site, this simple program fails with an assert message as shown:

oo4o81533/990218/oraipsrv/src/ociwrap.cpp line 614
rlst == OCI_SUCCESS

This message occurs during a call to update() on a Dynaset when adding a new row to the table. The error does not occur when editing an existing
record in the database.

Has anyone ever seen this message?

Note that both sites are using the same version of Oracle 8.15. The application
was even recompiled at the second site. The user can use SQL Plus to insert
records in the tables at both sites.

Any ideas as to the cause would be appreciated.

Regards,

Arthur
arthurb_at_emag-pc.com Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 19:49:55 CET

Original text of this message