Re: Help! Interdependent List Boxes

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:23:45 GMT

I'm sure you've checked this already, but make sure the output of the second record group is mapped properly in your LOV (only mention it because I've done it). Assuming this is not the problem, on to the next question. Do you want to base the values displayed in the second list on the single value a user has already selected from the first list, or on the entire contents of the first list? If the first, a global should work, if it doesn't, the trigger you are using to load it may not be firing before you execute LIST_VALUES (a clue to this would be, on first use list does not populate, on second use it populates with values you expected the first time) or the data-types may be different. Does the select you are using in the record group work if you run it from SQL*Plus in the form:

select col_x
from   rec_grp2_table
where  col_y = (select col_selected_by_list1
                from   rec_grp1_table
                where  col_selected_by_list1 = val_selected_from_list1)
;

If this doesn't run from the command line, figure out why.

In article <3829CA16.97DAC0B6_at_pilot.msu.edu>,   haleysco_at_pilot.msu.edu wrote:
> I have a situation where I have two list boxes. The values in the
> second are dependent on the values in the first. I can't figure out
how
> to set this up. Both List boxes are based on record groups. I tried
> put a global variable in the where clause of the second boxes record
> group but it never works.
>
> If anyone has any ideas of how to do this seemingly trivial task I
would
> greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 01:23:45 CET

Original text of this message