Why all the Print prompts?

From: Shell User <merv.strome_at_shell.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:29:51 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] Since we've gone from forms v3.0 (text based) to v4.5 (GUI) we've been hearing some complaints by our users "Why do I have to respond to 5 prompts in order to get my screen printed?"

          these are the steps:

- click on printer button on the tool bar
- click OK on page setup
- click OK on Printer name, print range etc.
- click OK on "Print Capture Beginning. Don't move or
occlude window until done"
- click OK on "Print Capture Completed"

Typically in Windows applications (ie Word, Excel) if you go through File -> Print -> ... it will take you through a number of steps allowing you to change settings along the way. But if you choose the printer button on the tool bar it goes directly to the printer using the settings in place (without any prompts). Whereas our oracle v4.5 forms when you click on the printer symbol it's as if you are going through File -> Print -> ... through all the prompts.

Question: Would you know of any way of cutting down on the number of prompts when clicking on the printer button from the tool bar?

Merv Received on Wed Nov 10 1999 - 20:29:51 CET

Original text of this message