GUI Screen Prints is expensive?

From: Shell User <merv.strome_at_shell.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:27:55 GMT

Hi all,

Related to printing using Forms 4.5, ever since we've gone GUI our toner costs have gone up significantly due to all the shading on windows screens ($150 a cartridge and many printers being used).

Question: Is there a way to prevent all the shading from being printed, ie can only the characters (labels, titles, data) be captured and sent to the printer? Do we need another piece of software intercepting this print image and strip out the data, or is there a setting on NT that allows me to turn shading off?

Merv Received on Wed Nov 10 1999 - 20:27:55 CET

Original text of this message