Re: Pro*c Connection to db

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 10:12:33 -0500

Tom Zamani wrote:

> Hi there,
> We have a Pro*C program to archive data, each time this module is called it
> will login to database and does the archiving, is there any way which I
> could make it to login once, so I can avoid login to the database all the
> time.
> I could put the all logic in the Pro*C program and let it run all the time.
>
> The other method is to make the precompile the pro*c get the c code and
> make it as external procedure call.
> in either way it will have to relogin to the database.
>
> Is there any way to avoid this?
> Tom

Could you make another stab at explaining this? "The other method is to make the precompile the pro*c get the c code and make it as external procedure call." doesn't make much sense.

Try to explain what you are attempting to "archive". Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 16:12:33 CET

Original text of this message