Re: Visual Basic 6.0/Oracle 8 Connection

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 02:40:30 GMT

Hi,

I just the other day, I help someone else on this board with the same problem. What you need to do is set up your ODBC driver ( I have had success with both the one that comes with the oracle 8 client and with the VB6.0). Once you have this set up and can do a successful test, create a Data Control in VB and set the properties as:

Connect ODBC
DatabaseName (leave null)
DefaultCursorType 1 - ODBCCursor
DefaultType 2 - UseJet
RecordType 1 - Dynaset

Happy VBing.

Brian

Travlinda wrote in message <19991108191514.02779.00003077_at_ng-fy1.aol.com>...
>Has anyone out there connected successfully from Visual Basic 6.0 to Oracle
8
>yet (using a Windows 98 machine)?
>
>If so, I'd be grateful if you tell me how you did it. The Oracle Database
I'm