Re: Page Number dynamically resetting, How?

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 01:53:57 GMT

Sean,
ok, try this....

I have an invoicing report I am working on, and in fact it has exactly what you need: namely, page number resets every "x condition". In my case, the invoices are for various labs and may be one or more pages each. This is how I did it, and it turns out, it was simple....

  1. I created a field, F_PageNum and placed it in the bottom margin of the layout. Thus:

Layout Model

     Margin
        F_PAGENUM

2. The source for the field is "Page Number"

3. This open up a Field Property in the properties for the F_PAGENUM field of "Page Numbering". Clicking on this brings up a dialog box... The right side list box contains "Reset At...." objects. I simply chose the correct frame which corresponds to the correct reset sequence --- for me, this is every time the lab changes, so I chose my repeating frame R_G_OneInvoice (i.e. the repeating frame which logically represents one complete invoice of many pages for one lab.... or, it repeats every time lab changes.)

Good Luck...
Bob Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
Brea California

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Nov 06 1999 - 02:53:57 CET

Original text of this message