Re: Page Number dynamically resetting, How?

From: MICHAEL D SMITH <MDSMITH_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:50:02 -0500

Sean Zhang <sean_at_cnfei.com> wrote in message news:gqHU3.4463$W%.15493765_at_firenze.visi.net...
> Hello, Everyone,
>
> Our System: Oracle Developer 6.0 (Reports 6.0) on Win95 / Oracle 8i on
Sun.

> Situations: We want to print a lot of small Invoices with each invoice
> having its
> Own Footer and page#, like the following:
> Inv#:1111, 3 pages:
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> Inv#:1111, Page 1
>
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> Inv#:1111, Page 2
>
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> Inv#:1111, Page 3
>
> Inv#: 2222 with 2 pages:
>
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> Inv#:2222, Page 1
>
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> ----------------------
> Inv#:2222, Page 2
>
> However, there is NO page-reseting procedure in SRW package, so I came
up
> with
> a global variable in a Package, like page_pkg.page#, in Between-pages
> trigger
> and frame format trigger I incremented Page_pkg.page# by 1 for each page
> and reset the Page_pkg.page#=1 when invoice# changes. The Page_pkg.page#
> comes out right with the page# I want. But the question is: How can I
> display this
> global variable in the footer for each page? I tried the following 2 ways
> and they
> don't work:
> 1. Make a Formula-column variable F_page which gets Page_pkg.page#
> and in botton-margin area I put a field with source value from
F_page,
> but when the reports run, Every page is marked with "Page 1", which I
> guess
> in margin area the field only gets an initial value.
> 2. Make a field F_page inside the Invoice Frame and let the field print
> for all pages.
> Problem: the page# won't print on the Footer area and It won't print
on
> all pages.
>
> The situation with the other footer field: Inv# is similar to the page
> problem.
>
> Has anybody encountered similar problems before and have a good way to
solve
> them?
> please help me. Thank you in advance.
>

> Sean Zhang
> sean_at_cnfei.com
> C & F Enterprises, Newport News, VA

 For the page #'s - try using the logical page number in the report margin and set reset at the invoice level repeating frame.

    For the invoice # - make sure that you only allow one invoice (ie # of records = 1 - on the invoice frame) for any given page and set the field reset value to PAGE.

   Good Luck...... Received on Sat Nov 06 1999 - 00:50:02 CET

Original text of this message