Page Number dynamically resetting, How?

From: Sean Zhang <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 20:50:20 GMT

[Quoted] Hello, Everyone,

Our System: Oracle Developer 6.0 (Reports 6.0) on Win95 / Oracle 8i on Sun.

[Quoted] Situations: We want to print a lot of small Invoices with each invoice having its

                   Own Footer and page#, like the following:
             Inv#:1111, 3 pages:

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------

    Inv#:1111, Page 1

    Inv#:1111, Page 2

    Inv#:1111, Page 3

   Inv#: 2222 with 2 pages:

    Inv#:2222, Page 1

    Inv#:2222, Page 2

  However, there is NO page-reseting procedure in SRW package, so I came up with
[Quoted]  a global variable in a Package, like page_pkg.page#, in Between-pages trigger
 and frame format trigger I incremented Page_pkg.page# by 1 for each page and reset the Page_pkg.page#=1 when invoice# changes. The Page_pkg.page# comes out right with the page# I want. But the question is: How can I display this
global variable in the footer for each page? I tried the following 2 ways and they
don't work:

  1. Make a Formula-column variable F_page which gets Page_pkg.page# and in botton-margin area I put a field with source value from F_page, [Quoted] but when the reports run, Every page is marked with "Page 1", which I guess in margin area the field only gets an initial value.
  2. Make a field F_page inside the Invoice Frame and let the field print [Quoted] for all pages. Problem: the page# won't print on the Footer area and It won't print on all pages.

The situation with the other footer field: Inv# is similar to the page problem.

Has anybody encountered similar problems before and have a good way to solve them?
[Quoted] please help me. Thank you in advance.

Sean Zhang
sean_at_cnfei.com
C & F Enterprises, Newport News, VA Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 21:50:20 CET

Original text of this message