Re: Accessing oracle using a data control

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 19:40:47 GMT

Chris,

[Quoted] It has been a long time since I looked at VB but I just tested the connection on VB6.0 SP3 as follows:

For DataControl choose the categorized tab and go to Data then set:

    Connect ODBC
    DatabaseName null
    DefaultCursorType 1 - ODBCCursor
    DefaultType 2 - UseJet
    RecordType 1 - Dynaset

When you click on the RecordSource property you will be asked to log on to the Oracle database. Once logged on you will be presented with every table [Quoted] and view in the database. Scroll through and find the one you want.

Hope it works for you.

Brian

Chris Jordan wrote in message ...
>Hi there,
>
>I have set up ODBC DSN in control panel for the Oracle 8.0.5 using
Oracle's