Oracle 8.1.5 question on Dimension Queries --- ROLLUP , CUBE, GROUPING with group by clause in select

From: Neil Khatu <neil_at_khatu.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 01:50:00 -0500

ALL, This is new feature available in 8i.

I have a following query which uses ROLLUP

select count(*) , object_type, status
from user_objects
group rollup(object_type, status) ;

This query works fine in SQLPLUS

I have a procedure where I would like to make use of similar type of query but I get and error when I compile my procedure. I am using 8.1.5 pl/sql engine. We are an NT workshop
We have Oracle 8i Enterprise running on NT.

Do you have have an Idea why this is not working. I would like to know if this works on other Oracle 8i installations like Sun , HP NCR etc.

--
Neil Khatu