Creating stored procedures for use with crystal reports

From: <c.ng_at_ctru.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:02:58 GMT

I am trying to create a stored procedure which updates a table and then returns the records in the table so that a report can be produced using Crystal Reports.

I have followed the instructions in the seagate community technical papers but can't seem to get the stored procedure to work. When I try to describe the procedure, SQL*Plus says that the object is invalid.

I have typed in the following code to create a cursor type:

create or replace package cursor_types as type emp_cur is ref cursor return emp%rowtype; end cursor_types;

Then I typed in the following code to create the stored procedure.

create or replace procedure
get_data (emp_cv in out cursor_types.emp_cur) as begin

      open emp_cv for select * from emp; end get_data;

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong.

Thank you. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 04:02:58 CET

Original text of this message