WebDB -- access through IIS

From: Jim Mooney <jdmooney_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: 4 Nov 1999 15:07:57 -0600

I am setting up WebDB on an NT platform in a context which will require SSL as well as full-featured access to both WebDB and non WebDB pages. Therefore we must access WebDB through IIS 4.0. After much hairpulling I have convinced IIS to talk to WebDB using the WDBCGI.EXE program directly in the CGI-BIN directory (I could not get WDBCGI.CMD to work, but fortunately it seems unnecessary.

Browsing now seems to work fine *if* the login password is preloaded in the DAD descriptors on the gateway page (unfortunately this is a serious security breach -- see next message). If the user is to be prompted for userid/password, though, I get the WebDB login page (a form, not a popup box). No matter what userid and password is typed, valid or not, I just get this page right back again (no error message).

I have searched the WebDB tables and procedures looking for the starting point from which the login page is invoked. I know where the page itself is stored but I don't know what triggers its use.

Another serious, though less critical problem: Site building fails at an early stage with an Oracle error. This works fine using the WebDB listener.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.