Re: [developer 2000] LOVs record size???

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 12:58:34 GMT

Peter,

Had a similar problem (my table has 18000 records), I solved it by first coding a second (alternate) record group with the following WHERE clause:
WHERE spon_name LIKE (:GLOBAL.partial_value)

then added code to the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on a button associated with the item

DECLARE
  lov_id LOV;
BEGIN
  lov_id := Find_LOV('SPONSOR_NAME_LIST');   IF :sponsor.spon_name IS NOT NULL THEN     :GLOBAL.partial_value := '%' || :sponsor.spon_name || '%';     Set_LOV_Property(lov_id,GROUP_NAME,'SHORT_SN_GRP');   ELSE
    Set_LOV_Property(lov_id,GROUP_NAME,'LONG_SN_GRP');   END IF;
  do_key('LIST_VALUES');
END; The user can now type in a partial name, hit the button, and display only names containing that partial name. Naturally, resulting lists vary in length but the users of this system are sharp enough that result sets normally contain 10 items or less and retreival times dropped from over 2 minutes to a couple seconds. If they need the whole list, they can still get it by leaving the field blank and pressing the button. I'm assuming that, in your case as in mine, the user has a specific name they are attempting to locate and can intelligently limit their return set to the most likely candidates. This code works in Forms 4.5 and 5.0.

Hope this helps.

In article <38214EF4.8F0F706C_at_hmc.com.tw>,   peter <misybh_at_hmc.com.tw> wrote:
> hi...
> I have a VOL which contain all employee(about 20000 records)
> when I show_vol ,it fetch all record...
> Is it possible that it fetches 100 records at showing and
> continues
> fetching when at the end of VOL?
> such as a buffer......
> why I wnat to do this is that I dont wnat users to wait a long
> time
> for fetching 2000 records.... c
> Thnaks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 13:58:34 CET

Original text of this message