Re: [DEVELOPER2000] LOV?

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 11:06:04 GMT

In my forms I provide a small button next to each item with an attached LOV. All the buttons are located in a single control block. Each button has a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger containing the following code: BEGIN
  go_item('block_name.item_name');
  do_key('LIST_VALUES');
END;
where block_name.item_name identifies the item with the attached LOV.

This way, the user can be somewhere else on the form when they press the list button and jump to the item and display the LOV with one mouseclick.

Button properties are set:
Enabled YES
Kbd Nav NO
Mouse Nav NO
Iconic YES
Icon File aflist (standard Oracle DOWN ARROW "List" icon) Width 14
Height 15

Alternatively or additionally, you could add a single button, somewhere on the form, leave out the GO_ITEM line in the trigger code, and have it usable from any/all LOV's on the form. In this case, the user must have placed input focus (the cursor) on the item with the LOV attached before they press the button. All of our forms also have such a button, located on a custom toolbar.

You can also allow the LOV to pop up without the use of a button by putting the code below in a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger on the item with the LOV (substituting your own :block_name.item_name) BEGIN
  IF :rfx_plan.plan_type IS NULL THEN
    do_key('LIST_VALUES');
  END IF;
END; This will pop up the LOV as soon as the user navigates to the item, if the item currently has no value. Personally, I use this only if the item only accepts values from the list (LOV for validation = YES) as it can be more of a nuisance to the user than a help in some cases. They can still use either the specific or the generic "List" button (or F-9) if they want to change an existing entry. Hope one or more of these solutions helps you. All work in both Forms 4.5 and 5.0.

In article <38211F78.F2A03106_at_hmc.com.tw>,   peter <misybh_at_hmc.com.tw> wrote:
> HI..
> We must preess [F9] to list a VOLs when we want to list vol.
> I create a button .how to do when I press this button I want to
> show the LOVs?????
> That is to say that I would like to replace the function of[F9]
> with my button

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 12:06:04 CET

Original text of this message