Re: Roles are not granted in PL/SQL ???

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 15:00:36 GMT

In article <38203DA6.A961EA28_at_theleme.com>,   Yann Chevriaux <chevriaux_at_theleme.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I've got a problem with roles.
> I first develop an application with Forms 4.5 on Personnal Oracle
> 7.3.2.2.0
> It works and there are several roles defined and dispatched over some
> users.
>
> Some days ago, this application has been transferred on our Oracle
> Server:
> (NT 4, Oracle 7.3.2.3.1).
>
> And ... it doesn't work anymore.
>
> In fact I discover that procedures, functions and packages can't be
> compilated !
>
> The error occurs when I try to access objects for which I got
privileges
> trough a role.
>
> [[[CUT]]]
>
> Does it mean that privileges are not viewable trough roles when using
in
> procedures, functions or packages ?
> As it works with PO7, is there some parameter I could change ?
>
> Please Help !!!!!
>
> Yann.

The owner of stored procedures, functions, and/or packages needs a direct grant on all non-owned referenced objects. Issue the required grants as the object owners and your routines will compile and be usable by other users granted the execute privilege either directly or through a role on the procedure by the procedure owner. This has been the way security works with stored code since ver. 7.0.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.