Strange behaviour in Forms 5.0

From: Wim Valgaeren <valgaeren_at_softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 08:29:14 -0000

My boss asked me if it was possible to automatically fill out the rest of a companyname if he types in a few characters when being in enter-query mode. Like it is possible in Access. I implemented this with a timer that checks what he already typed and searches into the database with a like
:companyname || '%' . When he finds only one result in the database he
changes the value of this text-item in the found companyname. This works fine if there are no spaces in the companyname. Because if I type a space, the cursor moves back to the beginning of the word and the space is removed from the end of the word. I commented out the code in my IF-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger to see which line is responsible and found out it was temp :=
:companyname;

I don't understand why this line could be responsible for going back to the beginning of the word when typing a space. Can anyone help me or give another solution for my boss' question?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Wim Valgaeren Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 09:29:14 CET

Original text of this message