Re: using a double quote character inside a text field as an initial value...

From: <Jukka.Korpela_at_hut.fi>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 11:51:15 GMT

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:29:25 -0000, "Steve B" <steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote:

>- - the problem we have is when the database value to set the initial text
>value [ in an <input> element ] contains the double quote character "

In HTML, if an attribute value delimited by quotation marks needs to contain quotation marks, present them as &#34;
or, equivalently, as
&quot;
Reference: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html#entities

(f'ups trimmed - this seems to be purely an HTML question which is independent of where the data comes from or where it goes to)

--
Yucca, http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/
To join the Clueless Club, send a followup to this message