Re: Required field stops users from being able to exit

From: Jason Judge <jason.judge_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:30:20 -0000

I assume this is Forms...

Provided you don't write anything directly into a new record, the user can back out without you having to delete the record. If you have default values that you want to put into various items then use the 'default value' property - these will be set (i.e. you can see them), but Forms will not treat them as entered items and so allow the user to back out.

So, check for triggers that fire and change items when a new record is created.

JJ