Sequences on Forms

From: Denny Dutcavich <dut_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:23:43 -0500

[Quoted] I attached a sequence to an initial value for a primary key. And it increments ok. My question is, is there a better way to implement this?. If I go back to update a record, with a few bad clicks, the sequence keeps incrementing. In the larger scheme of things, I don't think I'll run out of numbers. What I want to do is use NEXTVAL only when I need it - like when I am actually inserting the record not just every time focus is on the edit control. Thanks for any thoughts... Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 23:23:43 CET

Original text of this message