Re: get unix environment variable within PL/SQL in a a varchar2 type.

From: Jason Judge <jason.judge_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:00:18 -0000

What operating system does this operate under? If Unix then environment variables have strict inheritence rules that follow the process hierachy and so must be set in the process that starts the database. In this case the process that does start the database could write ALL the environment variables to a table where they can be read.

This is different under NT which is not so strictly structured.

I hope this helps.

JJ