Re: PL/SQL Development Tool

From: -=< a q u a b u b b l e >=- <no email>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:23:07 -0000

Peter L <news_at_abc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:7vhv9f$geq$1_at_news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Can anyone give me any advice on PL/SQL development tools. I have used
SQL
> and PL/SQL for several years but never used anything like TOAD or SQL
> Navigator. I am going to be mentoring a number of COBOL programmers who
> have just been trained in SQL and PL/SQL. Which tools would help them
> become productive quicker and which would aid my productivity?

I use a combination of TOAD:

http://www.quest-software.com (I think... couldn't get through at the time I wrote this)

and PL/SQL Developer:

http://www.allroundautomations.nl

I prefer PL/SQL Developer as a development tool... it's very neat, with syntax help etc, and doesn't seem to fall over as often as TOAD does, being a much better multi-threaded application.

HTH Received on Sun Oct 31 1999 - 21:23:07 CET

Original text of this message