Re: stored procedure

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/10/29

Wie geht's Andi,

There are a couple of ways to run in background that I can think of....

  1. you could launch a script or command file containing SQL/Plus commands to execute the stored procedure...
  2. It is possible in Forms to launch a psuedo-background process...I have experimented like so: create a module to be the Dummy Launching Engine. (Its purpose is to execute the stored procedure, separate from the current module).

    You may call your stored procedure from Pre-Form or     when-new-form-instance triggers, followed by Exit_Form     to close the module.

    From the main module, setup any parameters or globals,     then call the new module using Open_Form with the SESSION     parameter to open another session. This launches the     dummy module and frees up your current module..

Good Luck
Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
California

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message