Re: Forms link to UNIX

From: Chris Rimmer <Chris.Rimmer_at_tessella.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:33:32 +0100

You can't *directly* run scripts on the Unix box from a Windows client, because you may not even have a login, so what user should it run as?

The workaround that I know is to schedule a cron job on the UNIX box which scans for a given file. If the file is found, it gets run and then deleted. You can then use UTL_FILE in a server-side procedure to write a shell script to this location. Not very nice, but it works...

Chris