Re: Developer 2000 and 8.0.4 Install Problem

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:25:26 GMT

As Dan pointed out in his reply to this message, you do not require a separate oracle home directory for the two products. The main problem here is the age of the Developer software you are loading. Version 1.6.1 does indeed use a different version of SQLnet. Once you have successfully [Quoted] installed both products, you will find shortcut to "SQLnet Easy Config" in the Oracle for NT folder. Use this to configure your older version of SQLnet and you will be able to connect the Oracle8 server.

I would also recommend you upgrade to Developer 6 as it has significantly better features than version 1.6. You can get a development only version from http://technet.oracle.com

Happy Developing!