Re: Forms link to UNIX

From: Pete Hawdon <pete_at_hawdon.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 00:00:08 +0100

I may be missing the point here but this is the kind of thing i do (the following example is code in a form running on a SUN box, calling a cobol program and doing some other unix commands): .....
declare

   lv_unix_commands varchar2(100);
begin

   lv_unix_commands := 'bbk0900 xxxx/yyyy_at_zzz 199904,D > results.txt; ls - l'

   host(lv_unix_commands);

   if not form_success then

      message('.....
etc etc...

This would run a program in your unix path called bbk0900 logging on to the relevant database, passing the parameters 199904,D to this program. Any results would be redirected to the file results.txt and finally a directory listing command is entered.

Any help to you?