Re: Crystal Reports or Oracle Reports ??

From: Yosi Greenfield <ygreenfield_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:11:06 -0400

Discoverer is anything but quick. It needs a middle tier "end-user-layer" that needs to be set up. It's certainly meant for OLAP. It allows columns and rows to be drilled, manipulated, transposed, etc.

That said, it still needs more functionality. Oracle Reports is more like Crystal, but while Crystal is far easier to use, it may not be as powerful.

FWIW, Yosi