Strange behavioral in Pro C

From: <abutarif_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:04:35 GMT

Hi,
I have the following problem with Pro C
[Quoted] When I execute
  1. select field into :hostvariable where condition;

the sqlca.sqlcode is > 0 which indicates a data not found error. If I put 'whenever not found do somthing()' statement, it is called after the statement in (a).
However, if I execute:
b) select count(*) into :count where condition; where the conditions in a and b are the same, I get a result.

[Quoted] Even stranger, if I neglect the not found error and display the datea in the hostvariable after executing a I get the correect data.

[Quoted] This is the first time this happens to me although I've been using ProC for about a year now and I have in the same source code file other functions that does similar things and they are working perfectly.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks
Asad

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 17:04:35 CEST

Original text of this message