Re: get unix environment variable within PL/SQL in a a varchar2 type.

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:06:32 GMT

Hi,

 I am pretty sure, you cannot do that.
 pl/sql runs on your server, in a different environment than your  sqlplus / client session.

 it is possible to do that in a sqlplus / shellscript combination, but not in plain pl/sql.

Karsten

In article <3815DD79.8E3C5C72_at_fmr.com>,   Dhiraj Verma <dhiraj.verma_at_fmr.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
> I need to read the value of the environment variable from within a
> PL/SQL code and then store it in the a varchar2 datatype
> How can I achive ?
> e.g
> declare
> v_name varvar2(200);
> begin
> v_name := <GET HERE VALUE OF SAY $MYDTATADIR>
> end;

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 11:06:32 CEST

Original text of this message