Problem with rman in Oracle8

From: Achim Steffes <achim.steffes_at_rhein-main.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:03:24 +0200

Hello everybody,

i have the problem, that im not able connect with rman to a remote database. I have SUN with a 2 databases, one with a testenvironment and another with the rman-catalog. I have no problem to backup the testenvironment but i'm not able to connect with rman to another database which is running on a SUN-Cluster. The cluster has no password file, i'm able connect to it with sqlplus and so on,but when i try to connect to it via rman i receive an oracle-1034 oracle not available or logon/password not correct. I'd be very happy about any hint to this issue.

Thanks
Achim Steffes
vwd-IS Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 15:03:24 CEST

Original text of this message