Re: Help: formula checkbox not updating nicely

From: Olli-Pekka Tarna <ollipekka.tarna_at_akermar.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:29:50 GMT

In article <7usg63$mvu$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   pberetta_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> You can add a POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger to each date item, using your
> form's block and item names, along the lines of:
>
> BEGIN
> IF :BLOCK.DATE_ITEM is NOT NULL THEN
> :BLOCK.CHECK_BOX := 'Y';
> ELSE
> :BLOCK.CHECK_BOX := 'N';
> END IF;
> END;
>
> The check boxes should then work as you desire.

Yes I could. Then I also had to put the same code to the when-new-item-instance trigger of every date item I have. And I had to change the check box into a non-formula item.

But I did some homework during the weekend and I must say to myself: RTFM. The answer to my problem stands there in Developerīs help system. The trick is to add built-in function calls DUMMY_REFERENCE to my decode_date function.

FUNCTION decode_date(pcField IN char) RETURN char IS

BEGIN
  dummy_reference(:block.DateField1);
  dummy_reference(:block.DateField2);

  • repeat the above for other relevant fields if name_in(pcField) is not NULL then return 'Y'; else return 'N'; end if; END;
This works. However the function is no longer so generic.

Thank you for your extremely rapid help.

OPT

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 14:29:50 CEST

Original text of this message