Checksum on row

From: Remco Moolenaar <remco_at_scc.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:45:45 +0200

[Quoted] Good afternoon,

I want to do the following on rows of a table:
- When a row is added calculate some sort of checksum (MD5?) of the
contents of the row.
- Save this value in a dedicated column of the same row.

  • Use this checksum to calculate the correctness of the row (including detail rows).

How do I do this using standard methods. This is for a international project, so I need standard tools (like MD5).

Thanks in advance,

Remco Moolenaar

--
Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco_at_scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/

Maintainer of the BSD Applications database at http://www.bsdapps.org/