Urgent, oracle 8i connect to external entity

From: Yang Yu <yangyu_at_ee.tamu.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:13:01 -0500

hello. I am new to oracle database, but I REALLY need your help !!!

In my research, I have to make a
connection from oracle 8i server to an external program (it can be a java server or preferably a corba server). I already create a trigger (calling java server jdbc to query a certain table) in oracle8i, and when certain event occurs ,triger should automatically make a connection to an outside entity).

  1. I write client store procedure using java socket. But it wont' connect to the server. furthre reading of 8i java docus. it seems that socket can only be used with oracle aurora jvm environment. It said that socket can only be used across calls.
  2. I was planning initially to try to use corba. Using iiop to connect oracle orb to visibroker for java. but couldn't get much help on IOR and IIOP.
  3. third approach?? don't think that java thin driver can initiate a "trigger" in oracle server, and blocking the execution of trigger to wait for the result coming back ???

If you know the answer or come across similar problem or have a friend who might know the answer. I will be appreciative if you can help me out on this one.

btw. can you send me a reply to yyu_at_cse.uta.edu. since I don't check the newsgroup very often.

Really appreciate for your help.

y Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 10:13:01 CEST

Original text of this message