Re: Updating LOV values programmatically

From: Geoff White <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:12:48 +0800

There is a SET_LOV_PROPERTY of GROUP_NAME which allows you to specify a different group for the LOV. This suggests the possibilty of having a record_group for each possible query and swap groups in the LOV as required. An alternative to having pre-defined record_groups could be to create the

record_group dynamically and then assign it to the LOV. Creating the
record_group dynamically would also work if you destroyed and re-created the
record_group using the same name but a different query. In this case it would
not be necessary to touch the LOV.

The only hassle I can foresee with these methods is that you would have to keep the number of items in the select list constant otherwise the LOV would complain.

I haven't tested any of these ideas. Just thoughts.

HTH
Geoff