How to rollback database changes made in when_button_pressed triggers?

From: A. Goodwin <agoodwin_at_paladindata.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 21:05:33 -0700

[Quoted] We have discovered a problem with calling a procedure from a when_button_pressed trigger. The procedure has code that updates the database successfully. But further in the processing an error is encountered and we raise form_trigger_failure to stop processing. The problem is if the user hits the save button of the form at that point, all the database changes will be saved (even if we get the 'No Changes to save' message). We can do a rollback when the error is encountered, but that does [Quoted] a clear_form and then the user must re-query the record they were processing. Is there a way to rollback these underlying database updates without clearing the form? How do you maintain database integrity when using buttons that circumvent the normal forms processing?

Is there some basic Oracle functionality that we are missing or not understanding? Received on Sun Oct 24 1999 - 06:05:33 CEST

Original text of this message