Javascript in WebDB...heeelllppp!

From: Win Ker <Winker11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:58:45 GMT

[Quoted] Can't quite put my finger on this one...

All I want to do is put either a File or URL on a page, and when a user selects is, instead of filling the existing frame, open a new browser window and display the contents. Looks like I need a little Javascript to do this. I've tried creating an object, Item Type of URL and put this on the line:

JavaScript:window.open("http://www.oracle.com");

It saves the object, but when I click on it, NOTHING happens. Hovering the mouse over the object reveals the link as:

JavaScript:window.open(%22http://www.oracle.com%22);

guess that %22 is the escape sequence for double quotes...anyone know how to deal with this????? Not a tough question!

Thanks VERY MUCH in advance! Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 05:58:45 CEST

Original text of this message