Re: Connect to ORACLE using C++ on UNIX ?

From: Jeffery Cann <jeffery_cann_at_standardandpoors.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:10:36 -0600

Use the C++ OTL (Oracle Template Library).

It's faster than Pro*C, easier to use than OCI, and because it is an in-line library, you don't have to compile a shared-object library (aka DLL in NT). You can compile it into a library, but you really only have to #include the file. Best of all, it's distributed free of charge.

We use it in our production system with no problems. Check out http://home.sprynet.com/~skuchin/otl_1pg.htm

Jeff