Windows 98 vs Oracle 8

From: Sergeev Anton <sergan_at_paleo.ru>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:13:53 +0400

[Quoted] I have Oracle 8 server for NT and I'm trying to work with it from Windows 98 station.
I've installed Oracle 8 Client software from P2k.exe (Programmer 200 Client soft from oracle.com site) and no one from clients (SQL Plus 8.0, SQL Net Enterprise managment utilities and so on) can work properly. While connecting to server they do incorrect operation(like Program made incorrect operation and will be closed) and close. Well you know this message :)

When I use ODBC datasource the same. I've decided to use BDE (Borland Database Engine) but I faced one more problem. When connecting BDE Alias BDE says
"Couldn't load IDAPI sqlora8.dll", but it exists. In short I'm in trouble cause I really need all these working.

Please help if you can! Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 09:13:53 CEST

Original text of this message