Re: Using reserved word in sqlldr ctl file

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:53:30 GMT

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:10:30 -0400, Parviz Siamak <siac_at_ma.ultranet.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How can I tell sqlldr to accept a reserved word, 'sequence', in the list
>of column names in the control file?
>
>I tried using quotes around it, no avail.
>
>I can create the schema and need to populate the table using sqlldr. (I
>have to use customers column names for an integration project.)

If I understand you correctly you have a table with column named 'sequence'. Normally in SQL you must use *double quotes* (not single quotes) around names that are case sensitive or are reserved words. So you could try using double quotes in your control file.

If this doesn't work, create a simple view based on that table, replacing the column name "sequence" with some non-reserved word. Then simply load data through this view with SQL*Loader - you could even use direct path option using this method.

>Cheers,
>
>Parviz Siamak

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Oct 19 1999 - 21:53:30 CEST

Original text of this message