Re: how to unlock row in des2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:47:02 GMT

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:16:11 -0700, "Verna Legaspi" <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net.nospam> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I'm a very new jr. dba that's trying to fill in as the only DBA in our
>group. I've not yet learned/researched how DESIGNER 2000 and its repository
>affects and interacts with the database. So I'm hoping someone could please
>tell me how to unlock something in the repository. One of our users was
>working in the Data Diagrammer when he lost his network connection. Now
>when he tries to open it up, it says the record is locked by another user.
>
>What info do I need, and where can I go to unlock this? Or is unlocking the
>row the correct solution?
>
>Thank you very much,
>Verna

Ways to unlock a row
1 the session commits
2 the session rolls back
3 the DBA kills the session
Obviously you will need 3
you could find his session with
select sid, serial#, program,schemaname, status, terminal from v$session
where type = 'USER'
and then issue alter system kill sid, serial# You could also look in v$lock or v$rollstat to identify the session

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 23:47:02 CEST

Original text of this message