Re: Restricted procedure and triggers

From: Jason Judge <jason.judge_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:23:10 +0100

Try a key trigger such as key-next or key-previous. I think (?) post-item will do the trick. Alternatively you could wait for much later when the user wants to commit and put the code in the key-commit trigger.

All have their pros and cons.

Personally I would provide and LOV to validate the user input and to create a new item for the list force the user to take some other action like selecting another button/key/menu item. As a user I would not like the computer to assume that every invalid data item I entered is actually a new value that I want to add to the list.

I hope this helps.

JJ Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 23:23:10 CEST

Original text of this message